HMRC Offers Private Tutors Time To Declare
- Created at
- Havering Accountancy Services
Articles By This Author
- Are you contracting with the public sector? You ne...
- To be a Company or to be a Sole Trader: that is th...
- The Impact of Flat Rate VAT changes on small busin...
- SELF-ASSESSMENT TAX RETURN 2015/16
- 5 Things never to ignore with your business bank a...
- Minimum wage increase – How will it affect your ...
- Self Assessment – Why do we Pay On Account?
- The Importance of Hiring a Great Accountant
- VAT – will your business benefit from the Flat R...
- What Are My Options for Start-Up Investment?
HMRC is offering private tutors the chance to declare any undeclared income. By declaring any income before 06/01/12 tutors can ensure that they are on the "best terms" with HMRC regarding this underclared income.
This suggests that tutors may be some of the self employed businesses that HMRC plan to investigate in 2012.
Our advice to tutors who are currently not declaring their income is to do so now, rather then being discovered by HMRC.